If you have a business, blog, or anything that you want to gain a bigger audience, customer, or support then going online is the best idea with WordPress. Going online with your business or essentially anything is going to get you more recognition, a website helps to reach people you couldn’t ever before, people on the other side of the world, people in their rooms, anywhere with internet access.
And now with WordPress, going online and creating your website or blog has never been easier. You don’t need to be a web developer or know any kind of coding, just a click of a few buttons, and BOOM, you have your website ready to go and do whatever you want! “learn about different themes here”
What is WordPress?
Now to get started we need to know what WordPress is exactly, well to put it in simple terms, WordPress is a free to use software for web publishing and development.
With WordPress you can create a full-featured web page just on your web browser sitting down on your couch, you don’t need a hired web designer or any coding knowledge. If you have any experience with any text editors, Microsoft Word, for example, you’ll feel much more comfortable using the WordPress editor.
It is the most popular web developing software out there right now, powering over 39.5% of all the internet’s websites, which is a fourth of the whole internet.
It’s a great and powerful tool that makes your online transition easy and simple!
Creating a website on WordPress
Creating your website is just a matter of clicks. You don’t need any previous knowledge of coding or a web developer, it can be done in minutes and it lets you have amazing access to your website.
To start it off you would need web hosting, strictly speaking, a hosting provider that mainly deals with and specializes in WordPress website hosting.
These hosts monitor and make sure everything is running fine on your WordPress website 24/7 by pre-installing the software for you, so you can just sit back and focus on your content creation and audience.
Your typical web hosting will make things a lot more hectic and you’d have to deal with a lot more technical stuff and often doesn’t run your website as smoothly, which may put a halt on your content but with managed hosting for WordPress, you get to just focus on what your content.
The kind of Websites you can make using WordPress
WordPress initially started as a blog creating tool, but with the changes made to its core code and the addition of the huge number of plugins and themes in the WordPress ecosystem, that doesn’t stand true any longer.
It creates dynamic interactive websites for you, thanks to the PHP scripted language it was written in, from social media and business websites to e-commerce stores to forums, anything you can think of can most certainly be created.
Benefits of choosing WordPress
Countless benefits come from choosing Wordpad to make your website, aside from the fact that it’s popular and being used by, New York Time, Spotify, even the well-known band Rolling Stones, and many more big companies, here are a few:
- Easy to learn and use. It gets tiring and taxing that every time you want to or need to make changes to your website you need to hire a web designer; This CMS completely cuts off the need for that with its easy-to-use interface.
- It’s FREE. Written by an Open-Source language (PHP) and is also Open Source itself. You can download the software or use it in whatever way you please.
- It’s easy to find help and support if you ever face a problem or want any added custom features to your website. There are countless web developers and designers to help you out, if needed you can even check out the thousands of online tutorials and help that are available for WordPress.
- It lets you entirely customize your website to make it look however you want it to look by adding plugins and themes and mailing features, photo galleries, basically anything you can think of to make your website look better yourself.
- This CMS also lets you be in control of the content you publish. Many other web developing platforms like WordPress often limit your access to what you can do and, in many cases, if something were to happen to the platform your content would just simply vanish. But WordPress doesn’t just let you have complete access but also move your data away whenever you feel the need to, letting you be in total control.
WordPress.com and WordPress.org, what’s the difference?
This is something a lot of people have questions about and are confused about, well to answer your question in a short and digestible format,
WordPress.com is powered by WordPress.org, though it is easy to use it still takes away a lot of the flexibility and access from you that the self-hosted WordPress offers.
WordPress.org is the Open Source, free software, also known as self-hosted WordPress, that can help you create a website that is completely and entirely your own just by installing it to your web host.
What are Themes are Plugins
Modifying a website can be hard when you’re not a developer, but WordPress has your back, with its large ecosystem of plugins and themes.
Plugins: they essentially change the way your website functions, for example, a spam control to even e-commerce
Themes: they essentially produce a graphical interface to change the look of your website. “A few choices to look at”
WordPress has gained popularity in the past years and is trusted, also used by many tech giants and big companies. It is the easiest way to create a website or a blog without the hassle of involving a web designer/developer.
So, what are you waiting for? If you have a business you want to expand online WordPress is the best solution!